● Educational Principles
● Teaching Resources
● Teaching Ideas
The top 4 growth mindset qualities wrapped up in one motivational song that inspires positive attitudes towards learning.
1. I can develop my abilities, they are not fixed.
2. I see challenges as an opportunity to learn, not a sign of my limitations.
3. When I struggle I persist or try new strategies, I don’t give up.
4. I try new things, I don’t just stick with what I’m already good at.
I HAVE A GO is an energetic song that promotes positive attitudes toward learning. It acknowledges that we all face challenges and that these challenges are an opportunity to develop and grow.
This song was intentionally written in the first person as a method of empowerment. This isn’t a song to be sung to children in order to motivate them, it is a song to be sung by children to motivate themselves. Rather than telling children to ‘have a go’ or ‘you can do it’, this song is all about children telling themselves that they are capable and that their learning is self motivated.
The Growth Mindset Song (I HAVE A GO) Slideshow with Lyrics
To begin slideshow, click the first image.
To save an image, either drag to desktop or right click and 'Save Image As...'
● What growth mindset qualities can you identify in this song?
● Write a fourth verse about another growth mindset quality.
● What does this song tell you about your potential?
● How does this song make you feel about learning and challenges?
● Write about a time when you faced a challenge and how you overcame it.
● Write about a challenge you are currently facing and how you plan to overcome it.
● Write about the last time you did something for the first time.
● Write about something that you used to find very difficult and now you find it very easy.
● Write about something new that you would like to try and why.
● Discover the meaning of neuroplasticity.
● Record your 'personal best' for a physical sporting activity and chart it's weekly progress.